Monday, January 30, 2017

February 2017 Goals

Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish in the coming month:


Finish my f!%@&$*ing revisions for Second Nature.

Five scenes across three chapters. That's all that's left. (Yes, I know that in my last post there were only four scenes left. But now there are five. Again. Yay.) Sure, I vacillate hourly between so-close-to-being-done-that-I-can-taste-it and I'm-burying-this-damn-manuscript-in-the-backyard-and-never-looking-at-it-again, but I really, really, really don't want to have this goal again next month. With a little luck, that determination/desperation will be enough.

Come up with topic for my upcoming author appearance.

Yep. That's right. I said yes to doing another author appearance. The kind where I have to stand up in front of a group of people and speak intelligibly on some yet-to-be-determined subject for 10-15 minutes. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I do hope there's a treatment for it.

Read at least three books.

I'm currently three books ahead of schedule on my Goodreads challenge. (Thanks, Firefly-themed graphic novels!) It'd be a shame to fall behind now.

Walk, run, swim, or bike at least 3 miles every day.

I have managed to do this every day thus far this year, and I'd really love to continue this trend. I'm sure with all the revision-frustration pacing I've been doing that this goal will be no trouble whatsoever.



What are your goals this month? Or week, or day, or even in the next hour?

Have a great Monday, everyone. See y'all on Wednesday for the Insecure Writers Support Group...


22 comments:

  1. You could talk about being an insecure writer. You know that one well.
    Keep up with everything else. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I am, perhaps, a little too familiar with the insecure writer thing. I might need something slightly more confident-sounding to talk about, though. :)

      Delete
  2. I can't believe it's already almost February!

    I think a lot of my next month's goals will pretty much be a continuation of January's. Not because I didn't finish them, but because they're bigger/longer projects. At least that's what I'm telling myself. :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't set any official January goals, but February's are still somehow a continuation of those. Some because they're bigger/longer projects, but others because I just can't get out of my own damn way.

      Best of luck to you, too!

      Delete
  3. Revisions are a pain. I'm behind on my reading goal already so kudos to you on being ahead! Maybe I can catch up in February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only ahead on the reading goal because I read a handful of Firefly graphic novels. They were only 20-30 pages each, and those pages were mostly pictures. I've since run out, so keeping pace will be more of a challenge. :)

      Delete
  4. Those are great goals. I have multi-month goals right now. Doing two rough drafts at once. Not the smartest move, but the move I've chosen none-the-less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're writing two rough drafts at once, and not editing them. And if it is the latter, I certainly salute you. I'd never be able to do that!

      Either way, best of luck to you!

      Delete
  5. I didn't set any goals for January. I figured out the goals for the year, but never got around to monthly. Next month, I better get back on track so goal setting really motivates me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same thing. I set the year-long goals in January, but didn't bother with the monthly set. If I had, I imagine they would have looked exactly like February's goals, though.

      Goal setting really motivates me as well. I hate, hate, hate having to write a post about how I didn't make one (or more...) of them. :)

      Delete
  6. Awesome goals! Revisions drive me mad too. I want to finish at least one of the remaining Totem books next month. Preferably two if I can bet my butt in gear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will accomplish that and more! Because you are a true rock star.

      Delete
  7. I LOVE that you're getting out there. I need to do that more. Good luck on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love it if I could find someone to pretend to be me, but no takers as of yet. :)

      Delete
  8. Because I wait until after the month begins to post, I have another week before I have to work on my February goals. Good luck on finishing those scenes. Or at least not finding new ones to add to the list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...just not finding new scenes to add to the list would be a victory at this point. Sadly enough. :)

      Delete
  9. Good luck with the revisions and the author appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've hit my writing goals for this month but I fell back on a few other things. Get those edits done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am trying to finish them. I know it may not seem like it, but I really am. :)

      Delete
  11. Good luck on the scenes and the author appearance. It's really nice to be asked to speak, isn't it? This is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz. I know it should feel nice to be asked, but I'm still more in the terrified-beyond-belief camp. It'll get easier, though. Probably. :)

      Delete