Friday, January 27, 2017

The Little Things

Life has been feeling a little bit like this lately:



Because that's what life does. In order to combat this feeling, today I'm sharing those little things I'm celebrating this week:

—My beloved New England Patriots won the AFC Championship game and booked yet another trip to the Superbowl. Of course, this means that I will be super tense during said Superbowl. Sounds like a job for beer!


—It took almost two freaking years, but I finally found a Chinese restaurant in my area that serves edible lo mein. I love lo mein, but have been severely disappointed (well, as much as one can be where Chinese food is involved.) by the offerings thus far. I swear there must been a million Chinese food joints around (note: probably a slight exaggeration), yet not one of them served lo mein that I actually liked. But The Man and I found a new place to try, and I was giddy with glee to discover that it was actually good. Now I kind of want to order lo mein every night. I probably won't, though. Probably.


—On Monday, I had five scenes remaining on my latest editing To-Do List. I'm planning to do a more detailed post on this subject next week (consider yourselves warned...), but as of this writing of this post, I'm down to four scenes on the list. I, once again, didn't quite make the progress I had been hoping to make (see: first gif.), but this post is all about celebrating those tiny, little glimmers of progress. Right?



How was your week? What are you celebrating today?

Have a great weekend, everyone. See y'all on Monday. Or maybe Wednesday, if I forget. Which I never do.

17 comments:

  1. Yes! Lo Mein can be tricky and mysterious! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize it could vary so much.

      Delete
  2. Yay for getting down to four scenes. Progress is always something to celebrate. And yay for Lo Mein! I love Chinese food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, after this post went live, I decided that that one scene wasn't quite done after all, so I'm back up to five. But it was nice while it lasted.

      Delete
  3. We had a Thai food place we loved but then it closed the location nearest us. We've tried a couple of others since then but no luck. We do have a Chinese food place we like, but it's been awhile since we've been there/ordered from there. Hmm...now I'm thinking about egg rolls....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had pretty much given up on Chinese food here. We only tried this new place because we always order in dinner on game nights, and we were sick of pizza. The stars just aligned for us, I guess. :)

      Delete
  4. Amazing how many Chinese food restaurants are around. Glad you found the lo mein.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing. There were quite a few in my old town, too, and that was a much smaller population than my current town.

      Delete
  5. Way to go on your progress!!!
    And, congrats on finding good lo mein. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just keep reminding yourself one down, four to go. Maybe when you're done, go get more lo mein.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I remember that Buffy episode. I've finished round two of revisions, which was the hard part. In a week or so I'll look at once more, and then...off to readers! Glad you found some good lo mein :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had lo mein the other day even thought it's something I really shouldn't eat anymore (pretty much all Chinese has been cut from my diet thanks to IC.) It was tasty.

    Four is less than 5 so celebrate that progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on both the progress and the lo mein! I've been drowning a bit this week, too. Having a lot of trouble balancing day job demands without taking work home and killing writing and family time. I think my image would be more like me in water up to my nose, bubbling that I'm all right :-)

    @mirymom1 from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always good to find a great new restaurant, and one more scene completed is awesome. Maybe slower than you hoped, but steady progress nonetheless.

    I'm currently celebrating getting a new phone. And then, one day, I might celebrate being able to use it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you found some Chinese food you like, and just in time for Chinese New Year too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm celebrating the Sun. Spent the weekend in Salt Lake City and while its cold and there is snow everywhere on the ground, the sun is warm and inviting for a walk and shopping spree :)

    Good Chinese food is hard to find in my area too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your Gif image!. So cool!

    ReplyDelete